Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin patch!

Well, it's that time of year! We took the kids out to a pumpkin patch today and they had a blast. The patch we went to has a train you ride out to the pumpkins and a ferry boat you ride back in. The kids had a lot of fun picking pumpkins out. The black and white pic of the girls and I was for their school field trip to a pumpkin patch last week. Credit goes to Heather Taylor for her mad photo skills. Yeah I love halloween! All I can say is that I have some serious sowing to get done or my kids are trick-or-treating in the nude! Which would also be adorable, but chilly.



So I am preparing myself mentally for single motherhood.....haha scared you huh? Aaron's rotation is in Eugene, Or, which is about 2 hours south of us. So he will go down for the week, and come home on the weekends. Sigh. So for those of you who live here, please take pity on me and talk to me,(I know I am not very fun, but service with a smile right?) Actually, if you are here for school most of you are in the same boat, so we need to stick together. So that is from nov-feb and then it's off to Arizona, and I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I am off to play a very important video game...saving the world and such!

9 comments:

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

That looks so fun, I wish it was cold enough here to wear jackets! That picture of you and your girls is precious!!

Cam said...

Your blog is so funny, I loved your story-telling skills with the make-up escapade- what a mess, you poor thing!
Being a single mom is hard (but we've had lots of practice with our busy husbands, right?) I would love to hang out, we will be there in no time, in about another week. I can't believe how fast all of this has gone!
See you soon.
And I owe you big time, so you can call me when you need a break and our girls can have a playdate.

Sheri said...

Woohoo! Can't wait until you come here!

I love the picture of you and your girls.

Jenny said...

These busy boys and their schooling. Hopefully those 4 months will go by quickly and at least you'll get to see him on the weekends. Nate just got done with 2 months of rotations that took him to Tucson and Show Low but I didn't have any kids to take care of so I can't say I know exactly how you feel but I can imagine.

Terin said...

Michelle! You beautiful person!!!! Your kids are soooo adorable. I am glad I found your blog. Email me and I will send you an invite to my blog. Talk to you soon! Terin (Farnsworth) Sessions

Michelle and Aaron said...

Terin! Yeah you found me! I don't have your email address....hopefully you see this and can give it to me.

Megan Lofgran said...

Cry me a river, you baby! Try living in a brand new town, with your husband gone to Portland for 3 months, only to come back for the holidays. I'm a bit scared for myself, and feel the need to say I can top that! But honestly I'll say we're both big babies; my good friend is playing single mother for 12-15 months while her husband plays dentist in Iraq. SUCK!

Terin said...

ok I'm a dork, but a couple days ago I was up in the middle of the night and realized that I didn't leave my email address. Random I know. Anyway it is terinrenee@yahoo.com.

Tams said...

So cute--I want one.