Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The great makeup incident of 08'

It all started around 10:00 in the morning on Sat. Oct. 18th. The perpetrator (refered to as the perp henceforth) Katie, was last seen sitting in her elmo chair watching a movie. The victim (none other than myself) was suffering pains from what she believes to be an ulcer. (That's a whole different post.) She set the 3 kids up with a movie and random snacks. She closed her laptop, pushed in all the chairs, to keep a certain 15 month old off the table. She believed (haha, and she should know better) that things were relatively under control. (haha again) She went upstairs and laid on the bed to cry herself to sleep. Just kidding about the sleep, she was just laying down with the door open, so she could hear the kids. Things were proceeding smoothly(or so she thought) until around 10:30 when she heard Samantha (the witness) telling someone they would be in trouble for making a mess. She jumped up and headed downstairs with a sense of impending doom. She rounded the corner at the bottom of the stairs, to see Beckham (also a perp) standing on a chair, at the kitchen table. As the victim got closer she noticed that Katie and Beck, perp 1 and perp 2, were both covered in makeup. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the kitchen table, her laptop, and some material for perp 1's halloween costume, were also covered in it. Perp 1 was found guilty of pulling out a chair and accessing the victims makeup stash. She put her face on and then got down. Perp 2 then climbed up the chair, put his face on and then proceeded to eat, and/or spill the rest. Perp 2 was tried in juvenile court because of his age. Perp 1 was held fully responsible, since she had a record. In fact, she was witnesses the day prior, applying the very same makeup! Society is headed down the crapper. Ok, anyhow, that was my sad saturday. Entirely my fault? (Aaron says so, and I think he has a point...) Yes, I should have moved my makeup, especially since she got into the day before. Ah, oh well. I had some extra material so I think we should be fine. I didn't get pics of the kids, since I wasn't ready to laugh at it yet. I did take one of the table (aka the scene of the crime). Well, sorry to write this exhaustingly long tale, with an annoyingly large amount of parenthesis, and very incorrect sentence structure. So ladies, if you aren't already smarter than me, put your makeup up!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

WOW! I read the whole post before I looked at the pictures and I didn't imagine it being near as bad as it really was, that sucks! Especially since make up isn't cheap stuff. Hope you're feeling better.

Jenny said...

That is a bummer. You would have thought after getting in trouble just the day before she wouldn't have tried it again so soon. I still can't figure out why Beckham thought that was going to taste good. Hope your feeling better.

Megan Lofgran said...

Well my Tuesday was similar except delete the makeup and insert poop! My tuesday was totally poopafied thank to Asher removing his diaper in crib then doing his business (fabulous). And it just went downhill from there, and too long to write about. Bottom line; I feel your pain!

Sheri said...

It doesn't matter where I leave my make-up...Evan can get to it. I feel your pain.

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

Oh my gosh, I would be so mad, luckily I don't have any girls so hopefully that won't happen to me, Cohen gets into other stuff to make up for that. I can't wait for you to move back here!!

LauraB said...

So...what were their sentences? Surely you didn't put Perp 1 away for life for repeated offenses, did you?? Does Perp 2 even know he was wrong? You can't try someone who doesn't know right from wrong, you know! (I'm his self-appointed attorney!)

Jennie Taylor said...

Unfortunately, I can totally relate to the makeup bandits story! I'll have to post a pic of Meg about a year ago, covered in what looks like some authentic Lost Boys/Indian face painting. She got into my makeup one time in the car, while I was unloading from a crazy day at a military event. Any chance that ulcer could be Perp #4?

Tams said...

Ha,Ha. Great comment Jennie. I've been thinking the same thing but she swears it aint so.....
Michelle I want that pic of Katie. It just cracks me up. Sorry if I seem to be laughing at your pain--it's the only fun I ever have...