Friday, October 3, 2008

Brent is coming home!

So most of you know I have 6 of the bravest brothers in the world! (Troy, the 7th brother is as brave as a 13year old can be!) They are all in the Army, or Army National Guard. Brent, the second oldest son, has been serving in Iraq for 18+ months. He has a 3 year old daughter, and an almost 2 year old son. He has finally left Iraq! He is currently in Kuwait! And will hopefully be home by next weekend. I am so excited for my dear sis-in-law Jennie, and their two children! I am so grateful to them for their sacrifices, and courage. I am thankful to all our military, and their families! I couldn't ask for better examples to my own children of sacrificing for this beautiful, wonderful country that we are so blessed to be living in. I am grateful for a mother who instilled in us a love for this country, that was set apart for us by God, where the gospel would be able to be brought forth. A love for those who sacrificed much early in our countries history and were aided by God, in establishing it. Also, she encouraged a will to serve to keep our country safe, and strong. Despite your views on the war, I have spoken with, and heard both of my brothers' personal experience, stories, and seen their pictures and videos. I believe the work our soldiers have been doing is good work, that has brought about much needed change for those in Iraq. I've seen videos of smiling Iraqi children recieving school supplies they probably couldn't even have dreamed of before. Clothes, shoes, medical supplies, and a breath of fresh air, and change. (Not that I want to sound like Obama...) Anyways, to cut my sermon short, (this is a topic I obviously get worked up about!) I couldn't be more proud of my brothers, and the military personnel around the world. Job well done. Hooah

5 comments:

Derek and Janel said...

You know I was thinking, that maybe Aaron would be the sweetest husband in the world and let you fly down. Just for the weekend of course!! Then we could all be together. Just a thought, let me know what you think!

Tim said...

How wonderful! It's always good to hear that a soldier made it back home to his family.

Um... Can we come see you today?

Tim said...

Oh that last message was by me - Becca. I guess that I am signed in as Tim.

♥Tami said...

What a neat time for your family and especially his kids and wife! They have made a huge sacrifice that I can't even begin to imagine! It should be a fantastic reunion!

Kim said...

I have such respect for people in the military (past and present) who fight for the freedoms of our country (and other countries too).

I am fiercely patriotic. I love this country. We wouldn't have the freedoms we have without brave men and women fight for and defend those freedoms.

Bless your mom for raising a patriotic family and bless your brothers for serving.