Friday, July 18, 2008

Not for the faint of heart!

Ok this post will have some "gruesome" photographic content. So here's the story. Both the girls have their ears pierced. Sami was sitting with Aaron tonight and he looked behind her ear to see if her skin was dry, and thought her earring looked kind of weird. So I took a look, and was pretty distressed by what I saw. The post was bent, the back was on crooked, and her ear had grown to almost completely cover the back of the earring. It was all crusty, and red and swollen. I simply could not believe that she hadn't said anything about it. So basically the problem was that the back of the earring got pushed on past the catch on the post, and the post got bent. Then her ear basically ate the back. Ouch. It looked so painful and horrible. She was such a trooper as I tried to get the earring off. I got the earring off and put it in the trash, and she started crying cause she really liked her dolphin earring. Well, then I noticed a faint dolphin shape being carved into the front of her ear lobe. So here's pictures. Sorry there is no pic of it with the earring still in, I was concerned about getting it off at the time. Although, I wish I had taken one now.These pictures really don't do it justice?.? It really was horrible. So hopefully it will heal without closing completely. So check your girls ears if they are pierced!

1 comment:

♥Tami said...

Ouch, poor girl! Beckham is sure a cutie! Love the updates!