Sunday, July 20, 2008

Proud Army Sister!

O.k I want to give a shout out (yes I just said that) to all the awesome men and women serving in our military. (even the coast guard!) Especially to my favorite military personel, my brothers. As many of you are aware, I have 5 of 7 brothers currently serving in the army or amry national guard. My 6th brother, Travis, will be joining in a week or so. I can't even express how proud and thankful I am to these great men. Two of my brothers have served in Irag, with one still being there. To see my brothers leaving their wives and children behind for Iraq, or for their various training and drill and such, is so inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time. To miss your childs first steps, first words, moving young families across the country away from any and all family. I can't imagine these sacrifices. Whether you agree with the war or our nations' leaders' and their policies, there is no doubt that our military personel are sacrificing greatly for us, wherever they are. I love running into soldiers at the store and such. I am sure they think I'm crazy when I come up and start asking them questions. I try to use as much of the cool lingo that I've picked up as possible. The soldiers are great and all, but let's not forget who made them possible. That would be the mothers' and fathers and spouses. My parents and my sis-in-laws are also heros to me. They sacrifice much in supporting their soldiers. I just wanted to say thank you to my brothers, their wives, and their children for their willingness to serve. I am proud of them, and humbled by their examples. My greatest wish is to join and serve with them, but that isn't possible for me at this time. So, I am a crazy, rambling person, and if you see a soldier- Thank them! Hooah!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I totally agree! When Xander was in 3rd grade his teacher had them send care packages periodically to soliders serving in Iraq and Afganistan. Now whenever Xander sees a man or woman in uniform he always wants to go over and thank them for their service to our country. Thanks to them we are free and safe.