Monday, February 4, 2008

I've been tagged!

Ok, I've been tagged as it were, and so has Beckham. I'm supposed to blog about 6 random things about myself, and then I'll do Ham-chops.

1. I am a huge japanese anime and manga DORK! Haha I know I am a nerd, I'm not denying it. I like to watch all sorts of different anime, and love to read manga. (Japanese comic books) I am very interested in all things Japan. I am taking japanese classes and as previously stated, I am planning a trip to Japan for next summer! It's Aarons' fault really. He made me watch Dragonball z back when we were dating and the obsession grew from there. He created a monster...





2. I am musically talented. What? Well, I am. I don't get to toot my own horn very often so please bare with me. I play the piano. I think most of you know this. I can't wait till I grow up and get a home of my own and a piano. I have a keyboard but it's not like a full-size piano. I'm missing keys! I am currently learning to play the violin! I love it. It's such a beautiful instrument. I can't wait till I can play more difficult pieces. Aaron and the kids are probably getting sick of old macdonald and mary had a little lamb!



3. I had braces in 7th and 8th grade. Bad as that was, it was slightly common. To make things worse, I had head gear! Not very many people outside my immediate family knew this as it was a closely guarded secret. I only had to wear it at night, and I didn't have it for very long. I am very sure that no picture was ever taken, which is sad now, because it would be fun to make fun of myself now.




4. I love dry cereal! I could (and sometimes do) eat cereal for every meal of the day. Tooty fruities are my favorite. They are generic fruit loops- I think I like the generic better simply because that is what I grew up eating. We were supposed to only have one bowl, and we could only have it every other day, we had to have oatmeal in between. With 8 hungry kids cereal tends to go fast. We always got a big bag of cereal for christmas too. Which you then wrote your name all over and hid so nobody would "mistake" it for theirs. Some other favorites are original cap'n crunch, cinnamon toast crunch, and grape nuts. Grape nuts needs a lot of sugar....



5. Wow, this is hard because I don't lead a very exciting life. Ummm, I collect pez dispensers. Or I should say, I used too. I have quite a collection, which is, I'm sure-not worth a dime. But it was fun. I have most of the star wars characters, yoda being my favorite. I have all 4 ninja turtles, I'm not sure if there was a splinter or shredder, a lot of looney toon characters, ones from all sorts of different movies, jack-from jack in the box, and lots' of stale pez candy. I am a big nerd!



6. Almost done! Now you all know that I am a dork! I guess most of you already knew that. And for those that didn't I'm surprised that I fooled you for this long. I asked Aaron to help me come up with something to say and his suggestion was- "You have an innie." So you can see how much help he's been. Ok so to add to my dorkiness I love video games! The halo series for xbox are probably my favorite. We also own a wii- it's a funny name I know. I keep telling Aaron how nice he has it that I will play games with him. He doesn't have to ask my permission and risk incurring my wrath. I'll happily play alongside him, and I'm a descent player too. I no longer shoot the floor, or the ceiling. I put in many man hours to hone my "skills" So to you other housewifes who have given up after one game-it can be done!
So let's review: I am a dork. I am a nerd. And I am quite happy being those things! So now on to Beckham!
1. Beckham has 4 teeth so he is no longer nursing! You can guess why. And it's not simply because he has teeth. It's how he chooses to use them. He is a biter! Ouch. Luckily he takes bottles and he is eating solids 3 times a day.



2. Beckham is a giant! He tips the scale at 20 lbs and is 29 inches long. He is 6 1/2 months old. For a comparison, Katie is 29 lbs and she's almost 2 1/2. He's actually slowed down growing quite a bit. He was born at 9 lbs 4 ozs, and didn't look back. He crawls, sits up, and I've recently caught him with his hand in the cookie jar! Oh wait, it was pulling up to standing. Yikes, I wanted him to stay a little slug on the floor for longer.



3. Hammy only rolls one way. He absolutely won't roll over his right side. He'll scream like a stuck pig until you move him. I use this to my advantage of course. If he is drinking a bottle, I will put his left side against something so he will stay put and drink it. Mwahahahah I'm an evil genius.



4. Beckham does not like bananas. (Aaron doesn't either)He will gag and threaten to throw up every time. No matter what you mix it with. Or how excited I act- he will not eat them. Which is too bad because it's cheap and easy to mash.






5. He loves his jumperoo. I also love it. He will stay happy in that thing forever! It also keeps him from being crushed by Katie, who loves to ride him like a horse. Which he thinks is the funniest thing ever. But she usually ends up being too rough.



6. He has been sick all month! He started antibiotics on jan 9th for double ear infections. They didn't clear up, but hey we tried. He also got 2 of his teeth this month. He had croup at christmas and now he has a cold, just got shots and is still having trouble with his ears. So I think he is more like a normal kid now. He is usually such a quiet, happy guy. I am so lucky!



Hope you have all enjoyed my longest, most awesome post ever... and now I tag Brittany, Bryan, and both Lindseys. You know who you are!





8 comments:

Sheri said...

I used to wear a head gear too. It brings back bad memories.

Chad~Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing a few fun things about you and your little guy. It's awesome that you're learning the violin.

Jill said...

I love the cereal bags for Christmas--that is such a Taylor thing!

Becca said...

Isn't it funny that the cheapest and most silly Christmas gifts are the ones we remember most? There's a table at the Schmizza Pizza by my parent's house that reminds me of you - if is filled with Pez dispensers. Zoolander comes to mind for Beckham's preferred side - maybe he will master “Magnum” soon. Sorry to hear about the sicknesses.

Unknown said...

Oh the head gear!! I think that secret stays in a lot of closets. Well I did find out some fun things about you. You forgot to mention your name used to be forest. I can't remember why though. I just remember the shorts. Ahh, memory lane. Anyway Beckham is seriously adorable.

Brian said...

Michelle, it's good to finally post a comment on your blog. One thing Kim and I have talked about recently is that we are dorks, and proud of it. You should be proud also! Let's hear it for 'Cool Dorks'.

Also, you are finally a "Chosen One"...Congrats!

Megan Lofgran said...

I Michelle I didn't know you were bloggen! Awesome!

Lindsey Vance Parry said...

I think i have seen you in your head gear HAHAHA