Friday, April 4, 2008

Busted!

So I thought I'd relate the story of my drug bust. Drug bust you are wondering? Well, technically it wasn't my drug bust. So begins my tale... Sami and I were headed to Kohls. She fell asleep, so when I noticed a Sonic, I pulled over. (It's kind of a built in instinct.) Since Sami was sleeping, I pulled into a stall. I ordered my food and started my favorite past time: people watching. I casually noticed the white pathfinder parked two stalls away. There were no cars between us and I probably noticed it only because there were two guys standing with the back hatch open. The thought that they probably had a flat tire on the other side of the car passed through my head. I was adjusting the song in the car when I heard tires squealing, doors slamming, and people yelling. I looked around me to see several extra cars suddenly parked helter skelter (and yes, I just said helter skelter.) and people with bulletproof vests and guns hopping out of them. They had their guns pointed at the two dudes. One was an undercover cop I guess, and they arrested the other guy. He had placed a black duffel bag of the good stuff in the cops vehicle. As all these unmarked cars, and equally unmarked officers converged on the scene, I thought, maybe gang members are getting smarter. Maybe they are really stressing gang shooting safety or something. To improve their kill/death ratios. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks about improving stuff like that... Anyhow, so ended my exciting trip to Sonic. I did thouroughly enjoy my strawberry cream slush, and tator tots. Sami enjoyed, well nothing since she was asleep. (Actually I bought her tots and an apple juice slush. I'm not that cold hearted!) I thought of posting a picture of some drugs but I didn't want people getting the wrong idea. (I never inhaled)

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Oooo Oregon sound so exciting are you sure you want to come back to boring old Arizona?

Becca said...

Often I think that I have witnessed drug dealing and after your story I guess I probably have (and there's the fact that I live in Tucson!)

Cam said...

Wow, that's kind of scary! But now you sure have an interesting story to share!

Sheri said...

Sheez nothing that exciting ever happens at our Sonic.

Shannon said...

That would be so scary with Sami in the car! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Darling!

Terra said...

hey--I'm so glad I found your blog. When I saw your post I thought you'd finally caught some of the neighbors!

Ashleigh said...

Very exciting! I bet that Aaron wished that he had been there..:) Sorry that I have been so late in replying to your e-mail, we just moved and I am without internet right now, but I for sure want to get together with you guys while you are here! I will e-mail you my number and we can set somthing up!

Megan Lofgran said...

I'm gonna miss you, you kill me!

Jon said...

Come on Michelle...I figured you would have hoped out of that car to do a citizens arrest and help clean up those streets. Marriage has made you soft.

Trina said...

Wow, you live dangerously! Crazy! Did you get any good advice with your Katie post? If you did I need it!

Sheri said...

FYI we changed our blog address to:
ourinbetweendays.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I followed your link from Terra's blog. How are you doing and how did traveling with the kids go? I read your entry about Katie and it looks like you got some good advice. Doing a chart like Terra suggested would give you a chance for a little one-on-one time with Katie (like others suggested). Killing two birds with one stone! Well, I hope you and the kids are doing well. We miss Katie in nursery :(

Tim said...

It sounds like you live in a dangerous neighborhoods. If I were you, I would start wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying some sort of large alien weapon (you should probably look into an invisibility orb for the girls & hammy).

Gardners said...

Good thing they didn't search ALL the vehicles there, what with all your "vitamins" hanging out in the center console...you know what I'm talking about... J/K
Hey - check out our beginning blog!

Becca said...

MICHELLE!! Where are pictures of Utah, Six Flags, Beckham, Katie, Sammi, etc. etc. Tim says, "We miss Hammy".